SAVING THINGS TO MAKE OTHER THINGS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Papercrete Figure



The wire form - note the two butane firestarter legs. I actually liked the sculpture at this stage. I wish I hadn't gone further. The proportions look more human than with the mummy wrapping. Something to note for future sculptures - make the form really thin. It's all an experiment, though. I have more materials and can make another wire figure.



The mummy - strips of cloth coated with joint compound over the form.



The back side - have yet to develop the "buns".

Next I'll do the scratch coat of papercrete and then the final coat. I have a feeling that this figure will be short and stocky by the time she is done! Think I'll work toward that, rounding her belly and boobs - might as well go for it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you! Have a wonderful day!